Come and learn how to grow food at Fab's own home in Kingscliff. This Garden is just on 10 months old and is producing food for his family. Come and have morning tea, and learn how you can do the same.
This workshop is perfect if you are starting out, have never grown food and don’t have any idea where to start, don’t have the confidence, need to know some answers to some questions, or looking to simply improve your veggie patch.
The How to grow food at home course, will include topics such as, identifying where best to grow food on your property, soil, composting, feeding the soil, planting and maintenance, planning for crops and propagation.
What the Masterclass covers:
● Where is the best place to start?
● What soil do you have? What soil should you buy?
● Importance of pH and its effect
● How to make soil. (Composting / Worm farming)
● Understanding and assessing the space in which to grow food.
● Double digging Vs No Dig
● Options for Raised garden beds
● What best to plant
● Sowing seeds and propagating
● Feeding the soil
● Different types of Mulch and their benefits
● Tools required and general maintenance
● Crop Rotation
● Common Pest and diseases
● Q&A session
In addition, you will receive FREE access to both the Veggie Patch School Online Course, and
the Community Page.
Growing food is simple, fun, easy and rewarding. By the end of the course, you will feel more confident in setting up and growing your own organic food successfully at home.
For more information or to register to attend, visit thehungrygardener.com.au/store
Or contact Fabian Capomolla