Join us for a tour of the Alphington Community Food Hub and meet the community of organisations working to strengthen urban agriculture and our local food system. Held during the bustling Alphington Farmers Market, you will get a behind-the-scenes guided tour from some local friendly faces and nab a few freebies along the way.
• Meet at the DIVRS information stall near the front container.
• Head to the MFM depot for a window into last mile logistics and repurposing food ‘waste.’
• Meet some farmers at the market before heading over to the commercial kitchen and learning about some small businesses developing new food products from local Victorian ingredients.
• Learn about the urban ag farm and community food relief projects. Hosted by Darebin Information Volunteer & Resource Service (DIVRS).
• Finish the tour with a complimentary coffee from Bakeshop Alphington and get to know some new faces. Stay and enjoy the market fare.
At 11:30 DIVRS will also be running a FREE info session for potential volunteers. If you are interested in growing food with us at the Alphington Community Food Hub or another of our community resource gardens around Darebin, this is for you! Sign up for this separately through the booking link or just come to the DIVRS info stall at the market at 11.30.
To ensure a quality experience, numbers will be capped so get in quick!
For more information or to register to attend, visit trybooking.com/CDIKL
Or contact Melbourne Farmers Markets
Phone: 0499 448 860